Do you have problems with one of your Cliqz products and can’t find a solution within the FAQ’s below? Then don’t hesitate to call us at +49 89 92503344.
23-Dec-2016: Limited telephone support
Due to limited telephone support over Christmas and New Year please use the support form on the bottom of this page.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Frequently Asked Questions
Tracking is very common online: trackers collect insecure data on three quarters of all web pages, data which enables the identification of the user and allows to track him through the web. CLIQZ puts a halt to those practices. It overwrites your information, so that trackers cannot identify you. In the top right corner of the browser you can always see how many trackers are currently being blocked and learn more about those specific trackers.
In addition to that, CLIQZ gives you full control over your data. CLIQZ does not store personal data, everything stays on your device and under your control. In the transparency-dashboard you can see which data your browser works with and what happens to it. You can always have a look at the transparency dashboard by yourself. Just click the CLIQZ-Symbol in the top of your browser (black arrow on black circle) and choose ‘transparency-dashboard’. Alternatively, type about:transparency in your browser bar and hit enter.
Disclaimer: Currently the transparency dashboard only works in German. We’re working on an adequate translation.
- Go to the CLIQZ for Desktop product page with any browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge).
- Click “Download” for CLIQZ for Windows. This will initiate the download process.
- If you use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, start the installation file directly after the download, by clicking execute. If you use another browser, you might have to download the installation file on your browser and then open it manually. Then click execute.
- Now just confirm the Windows security warning with yes. We recommend closing all running programs prior to the installation.
- Now, you see a welcome window. Click Install, to start the installation process.
- CLIQZ is now ready to be used. Open CLIQZ by selecting the Icon on your desktop.
- CLIQZ is not yet your default browser and a note will tell you exactly that. To open all Hyperlinks with CLIQZ, hit ‘yes’
- Go to theCLIQZ for Desktop product page with any browser (e.g. Apples Safari).
- Click “Download” for CLIQZ for Mac. A little window to open the file will pop-up. Choose “Open with Disk Image Mounter” and click ‘ok’. That’s how you download the installation file for CLIQZ.
- As soon as the download is finished, the so called disc-image (CLIQZ.dmg) opens in a separate window. Drag the CLIQZ logo into the program folder with your cursor. Note: If you don’t see that window, click on the file you just downloaded (CLIQZ.dmg) to open it.
- After you have dragged and dropped CLIQZ into the programs folder, go into finder and look for CLIQZ (or go to programs and find CLIQZ there).
- Add the CLIQZ icon to your dock. Now you can access it more easily. To add it to your dock, open the programs folder and drag CLIQZ to your dock.
- CLIQZ now is ready to be used. Open CLIQZ by clicking the symbol on the dock.
- When you use CLIQZ for the first time you will be warned that you downloaded it from the internet. As you downloaded CLIQZ from a safe source (e.g. our website or chip.de) you can click ‘open’.
- Make CLIQZ your standard browser, by confirming the option in the pop-up-notification. This means, that hyperlinks will now be opened with CLIQZ by default.
CLIQZ is the world’s first browser with an integrated fast-search-engine. When you enter queries, you will see suggestions for websites, which suit your input and ideally give you the required information.
Our independent index suggests up to three websites in real-time, which are chosen because of their relevance. That way, CLIQZ makes it completely unnecessary to visit search engine’s result pages when you’re merely doing a navigational search.
It is of course possible that your query does not match any relevant results in our quick-search-window. That’s no problem, though, because you can always us a conventional search engine as a supplement for deeper research. To do that, there’s nothing to do but to hit Enter after you typed your query into the browser bar – you’re probably used to that by other browsers you used.
- CLIQZ automatically updates by default. However, you can also start an update manually any time you like.
- Windows: Click on the browser menu icon in the top right corner of the browser and click ‘help’. Then, click ‘about CLIQZ’
- Mac: Click CLIQZ up in the window and then click ‘about CLIQZ’
- The window ‘about CLIQZ’ opens and automatically starts looking for updates. If there are updates available, they will be downloaded automatically.
- If the updates are ready to be installed, click the button ‘to finish the update, restart CLIQZ’
Browser-extensions, also called add-ons, offer useful additional services or functions. However, they usually send usage data, including personal information, to their companies. In some cases these data are sold to third parties, too. In addition, our research shows that many computer owners do not even know what add-ons are installed on their machines. That does not come as a surprise as add-on installations are often packaged with other software downloads.
Our browser aims to function as a protected and controlable environment. Therefore, it does not support add-ons for the time being, until we have found solutions for the privacy issues related to extensions, or have developed effective alternatives. All previously installed add-ons have been disabled. New installations will be blocked.
We are working on solutions and will keep you posted in our website. Your feedback will help tremendously. What functions are you missing? Which add-ons would you like to use in CLIQZ? Please let us know via our contact form or call us: +49 89 9250 1055
Follow these five steps to set CLIQZ as your default browser in Windows 10:
- Click the menu button in the top right corner of the browser window and select “Options”.
- In the “General” pane, click on “Make Default”. This will open the “Choose default apps screen” in the Windows settings app.
- Scroll down and click the entry under “Web browser”. It will say either “Choose your default browser” or the name of the current browser that is set as default.
- In the “Choose an app screen”, click Firefox to set it as the default browser.
- CLIQZ is now your default browser. Close the Settings window to save this change.
We have received reports from users who had issues playing videos on the CLIQZ desktop browser.
In most of the cases updating the Flash Player (a program for streaming / playing multimedia content including videos, among others) did the trick.
To download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, visit https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
It may also help to bring your version of CLIQZ up to date.
To see what version of CLIQZ you have on Windows, click on the menu icon in the top right corner of the browser window.
In the little window that opens, click on the questionmark icon “?” at the bottom (next to “Customize”). This will open a little menu that includes an item called “About CLIQZ”. Click on it to see the current version of the browser, as well as further information.
On Mac, you can find the current version of CLIQZ by clicking on the navigation item “CLIQZ” in the top left corner of your screen. (Note: this is only visible, if CLIQZ is open and the active program.) Next, select “About CLIQZ”. This will open a little window with information including the current version number.
You can download the latest released version of CLIQZ here.
If both updating your Flash Player version and your CLIQZ browser version do not fix the issue, please contact us.
We are happy to provide a checksum for the current browser version upon request. Please add the following information to your message:
- Operating system (Windows, Mac or Linux)
- Language (English or German)
- Where would you like to download CLIQZ from? (for example or website cliqz.com, another website, etc….)
By the way, if you are interested to learn what a checksum is, Wikipedia offers a general description, among others.
Your browser history is a valuable tool, for example in case you are looking for a website you visited but you cannot remember its exact address. You can access your history via the browser menu or the menu bar:
Via the browser menu
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner of the open browser window and select “History”. A little menu will open that contains the link “Show full history” at the very bottom. Click it to open the “Library” Window which contains the list of websites you have visited.
Via the menu bar
You can also go to the menu bar at the top and select “History”. Next choose “Show full history” from the dropdown menu. this will open your history inside the “Library” window, too.
While browsing in a Forget Tab or Forget Window, CLIQZ does not store the following data on the computer:
- History: visited pages will not be saved to the computer’s history and thus cannot be found via the library or the history results in the search.
- Cookies: Cookies store information about, for example, page settings, logins and data that is used for plugins like Adobe Flash Player. In Forget Mode this information is not saved.
- Form fields and search box entries: Text entered into text boxes or search functions on websites is forgotten instantly.
- Passwords: Newly entered passwords will not be remembered either.
- Download list: You can download and save files just like in Normal Mode. However, files downloaded in Forget Mode will not show in the downloads menu.
- Temporary data: temporary data and data required for offline usage cannot be saved in Forget Mode.
By the way, the data listed can also be removed from the computer after visiting a specific website in Normal Mode via the functions “Reload in Forget Mode” or “Always load in Forget Mode”. If you have opened the respective website in a normal tab or window, you can right-click on its tab to open the tab-menu and select one of the options.
- “Always load in Forget Mode” automatically deletes the data listed above for this domain from the computer. The next time you visit the website, CLIQZ will automatically open it in Forget Mode.
- “Reload in Forget Mode” will ask for a confirmation to remove the data belonging to this domain from the computer. If you choose “yes” the data will be permanently removed. “No, keep data” will not delete them. If you visit the page again, it will open in Normal Mode.
CLIQZ for mobile contains an integrated quick-search that allows you to go directly to your destination without any detours. In addition, we do not collect any personal data unlike other search engines. Thus, by using Cliqz you are protecting your online privacy.
The ‘recommended news’ is current news from popular news sites. News is picked based on which article has been clicked the most.
We offer more than one result. By swiping from left to right, you can see more suggestions.
We try to anticipate your search to give you suitable results as quickly as possible.
CLIQZ for Firefox, the extension for the Firefox Browser, can be downloaded and installed directly via our CLIQZ Website. You can also find it in the Mozilla Add-ons Store.
Open the Firefox Browser and follow these steps:
Install CLIQZ for Firefox via the Mozilla Add-ons Store
Choose a way to go to the Mozilla Add-ons Store:
- Click on this direct link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/
- Or click on the browser menu icon in the top right corner and select “Add-ons”
Both will take you to (different) views of the add-ons store where you can search for “CLIQZ”.
Click on „+ Add to Firefox“ or on „Install“ (The button titles depend on what view you are on, but they both do the same thing.)
CLIQZ will be downloaded and installed and is ready to go right away!
You should now see the CLIQZ “Q” icon to the right of the address bar. Click on the icon to open the CLIQZ menu and see the settings options.
- A small alert window will open and ask for permission to download CLIQZ. Click on “Allow“.
- CLIQZ will download and you will be asked to start the installation. Click on “Install”.
- The successful installation will be confirmed with another little notification. Done!
You should now see the CLIQZ “Q” icon to the right of the address bar. Click on the icon to open the CLIQZ menu and see the settings options.
Enjoy safe searching and surfing with CLIQZ!
Please close and restart Firefox. If this does not solve the problem, remove the extension and repeat the installation. If you still experience a problem, please contact us. We will help you personally!
When the add-on has been installed successfully, you will see the CLIQZ icon on the right side of the Firefox address bar.
In Firefox you can surf in private mode; this means, for example, websites you visit in private mode are not added to your history. CLIQZ changes nothing about this.
In private mode, CLIQZ only shows you results from the already existing history. To use CLIQZ in the private mode, simply open a new private window in Firefox.
CLIQZ for Firefox is optimized for usage in Germany and German language. You can try the extension in other languages and countries, but the quality of the website suggestions doesn’t reach the same level. Furthermore, some features such as smart CLIQZ are missing.
We are working hard to support more countries and languages. Check back soon for updates.
Open Firefox → click the Firefox menu button on the right → select „Add-ons/ Extensions“ → your version number will be displayed.
To remove CLIQZ, do the following: Open Firefox → click the Firefox menu button on the right and choose “Add-ons” → choose “Extensions” → in the line with “CLIQZ“ click “Remove“ → restart Firefox.
Your reasons for removing CLIQZ matter to us. Please leave feedback or email us at email@example.com.
Windows: Open Firefox → click “Firefox” → select “Help” → select “About Firefox” → your version number will be displayed.
Mac: Open Firefox → click “Firefox” → select “About Firefox” → your version number will be displayed.
Some Firefox add-ons affect the function of CLIQZ. To ensure that CLIQZ runs smoothly, you should deinstall or deactivate the following add-ons:
- Add to Search Bar
- British English Dictionary
- DuckDuckGo Plus
- Quick Search QuickDrag
- Rikaichan Linkification
To deinstall or deactivate those add-ons, just open the Firefox menu (top right on your browser screen) and go to the “Add ons”.
If you notice further incompatibilities, please notify us via the feedback form above.
We look at every feedback and will improve CLIQZ accordingly. To contact us, click the CLIQZ icon on the right side of the Firefox address bar and select “feedback”. This opens a web form. Your input will be sent directly to us, including automatically generated information about the version of CLIQZ, Firefox and the operating system that you are using.
Alternatively, you can also contact us by email. If you email us, please include the information about the version of CLIQZ, Firefox and the operating system you are using (see below for an explanation of how to determine versions).
As a start-up with sound finances, our first priorities are to invest in development of the technology and work on optimising customer satisfaction. Our technology leaves room for a variety of different business models. We have not yet decided how we will generate income. But one thing is for certain: we are only interested in business models that are compatible with the respect we have for our users’ privacy and with the core benefits of our product (direct, fast, clearly structured).
The company is owned by Burda and Mozilla. Cliqz operates independently from other Burda units and does not exchange any data with them. Websites owned by Burda are not treated any differently from other websites (e.g. with respect to search ranking or anti-tracking).